GEORGIA TEA PARTY, INC.
Promoting Individual Liberty and Limited Government
Georgia Tea Party, Inc. (GTPI) is a nonprofit corporation registered with the Georgia Secretary of State. GTPI has received federal tax-exempt status under section 501(c)(4) of the Internal Revenue Code.
To impact public policy by teaching all who seek to learn the principles and spirit of individual liberty and constitutionally-limited self-government.
Statement of Purposes
- Teach the principles of individual liberty and limited government as described in our founding documents, the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution.
- Inform the public about current issues from a perspective of individual liberty and limited, constitutional government.
- Train and organize individuals to involve themselves in the political process and to address public policy issues with their elected officials.
- GTPI is proud to be a part of the larger tea party movement and is focused on fiscal responsibility, limited government and free markets. Taxation and spending issues will remain at the forefront of our activities.
- GTPI is equally focused on the importance of education and seeks to expand public understanding of the importance of the Declaration of Independence, the U.S. Constitution and free enterprise economics.
- GTPI will seek to conduct educational programs and make volunteers aware of various educational programs available elsewhere that are consistent with our mission and purposes.
- GTPI will work with other organizations on advocacy projects when such projects are consistent with our mission and purposes.
- GTPI welcomes all who support our mission and purposes regardless of partisan affiliation. We do not support or oppose political parties. We simply seek to hold elected officials accountable to their oaths of office.
- While some groups focus on electing or opposing candidates, the focus of GTPI is policy not politics. When a public official supports the Constitution and the principles of liberty and limited government, they are worthy of our praise. If they do not, we will seek to hold them accountable. To this end we will disseminate information about the voting records of elected officials and other public actions about which the public has a right to know.
- GTPI does not support or oppose candidates for public office. There are many organizations that engage in this activity and we encourage everyone to make their voices heard in these organizations or work for the candidate(s) of their choice.
- GTPI rejects the idea that we should throw all existing officeholders out of office. There are those who hold office who serve the public well, and we should exchange information and ideas with them to shape legislation.
9. GTPI seeks to involve all those who wish to work constructively with us to advance our mission and purposes. We encourage volunteers to choose an area of interest on one or more of our committees and work with us in the fight to restore our Constitution and bring fiscal discipline to our government.
LIKE and FOLLOW us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheGeorgiaTeaParty